Due to the fantastic turnout at the most recent team competition from our community, we are super excited to announce the Atomic CrossFit Team WOD League (ACTWL). The coaching staff was so amazed at the community's response that we have created the league in order to continue the energy and fun.
The ATOMIC CROSSFIT TEAM WOD LEAGUE (ACTWL)
- Sign your team up by Friday, May 7th, for a Summer of competition!
- Prizes are awarded to the top 2 Teams in Rx and Scaled Divisions.
- Each team will comprise of 2 men and 2 women.
- Rx or Scaled division must be identified at the beginning of the season.
- Substitutions are only allowed due to injury and must be approved by Coach Jim.
- There is a $100 entry fee per team due on May 7th.
Regular season (May 8th – July 31st) will determine the seeding in the WOD Tournament to be held in August with the finals of both divisions (Rx and Scaled) to occur at the 3rd Annual ACF Labor Day Beach Bash – September 5, 2010.
- Beginning May 8th each team will have to complete the weekly Team WOD. Ideally, the teams will compete Saturday mornings head-to-head during the weekend warrior session (7:30-9:00am). This will drive competition and scores higher. However, if your team cannot complete the WOD during the Saturday session, the team can "make-up" the WOD during an open gym session that week. Team scores for the week will not be published until the end of the week, so no advantage can be gained by knowing point totals of previous competitors.
- All "make-up WODs" must be supervised by a non-participating coach.
- Teams do not have to complete all team WODs since it is summertime and people go on vacation. However, missing a WOD significantly reduces the total number of points available to each team. The penalty for a missed WOD will be a score of the lowest scoring team that week in the same division…minus 10 points.
- Teams can only compete the WOD assigned for the current week. No "make-ups" after the next WOD is posted.
- All regular season WODs will be point based scoring.
- The tournament will be seeded according to point total from the regular season, highest to lowest…
- The tournament will be head-to-head match-ups only (no "make-ups"). Each match-up will be 2 events. The dates and times of the head-to-head match-ups will be agreed upon by coaches and team members.
- All tie-breakers will be at Coach Jim's discretion.
- Awarded to 1st and 2nd place in each division. The prizes are the same in each division.
- 1st Place – each team member receives a $75 gift card to Sports Authority, 1 month Free Unlimited CrossFit and a beer.
- 2nd Place – each team member receives a $25 gift card to Sports Authority and a beer.